Almond, Kale & Strawberry Smoothie (DF)

This maybe my favourite smoothie creation to date - big call I know! A few simple ingredients which are packed full of nutrients and dairy free!

recipe-long

It is not a sweet smoothie. I do not think smoothies need to be packed full of fruit; remember fruit does still contain natural sugar. I have used strawberries here as they are high in antioxidants and a low in terms of natural sugar (you can read some of my other tips to make smoothies really healthy here).

The almond milk is one of my preferred recommendations for a dairy-free switch and adding the raw almonds to this smoothie just really boosts the good fat intake up. Kale is one of natures super-foods and I am always looking at add some good green stuff to everything - enough said! If you are looking for more information on the different dairy-free milk alternatives check out my new blog here.

ingredients-2

Ingredients:


1 cup of unsweetened almond milk


10 raw almonds


6 strawberries


1 handful of kale


kale-inside-1

Directions:

1) Simply place everything in the NutriBullet and pulse!

2) Enjoy and go! ????

This makes exactly 1 portion of a large mason jar, just double or triple the amounts depending on how many smoothies fans are around!

P.S At my popular Sugar & Sleep Workshops I talk all about different types of sugar and do a smoothie demo! Keep watch on my Events page - the next one is in Auckland on the 23rd of February (all event details here).

xxx Dr Julie Bhosale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiced Meat Loaf

Homemade Boysenberry Gummies

Starting Solids - The Meat Question?