Breakfast Muffin

This is a really simple recipe which can easily be added to and adjusted. Packed full of vegetables and protein it will be a hit with children and adults alike and can be a great on the run snack as well. Prep time approximately 5-7 minutes, cooking time 25 minutes.

2014-03-28 18.59.01

 

Ingredients:


4 Eggs


2/3 Cup of Cottage Cheese


¼ C of plain flour (can easily substitute for gluten free flour)


2/3 Cup of almond meal


1 Teaspoon of baking powder


2-3 Tablespoons of water


Pinch of salt


½ C of grated cheese and extra for the top


1 Carrot grated


2 Handfuls of spinach finely chopped


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray (spray olive oil works best)
2. Mix all ingredients except eggs together
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs well and then add the remaining ingredients
4. Spoon into muffin tray, top with cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until tops are golden.

Enjoy!!

Variation:
You can also add bacon and onion or finely chopped mushroom.

2014-03-28 18.58.09

 

xxx Dr Julie Bhosale

Comments

  1. Heya,

    Looks delish! but regarding almond meal (I assume it is some sort of finely ground almond mix?) is there something I could use instead if I don't have it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes depending of packaging it can also be called ground almonds - you could just try a bit of extra flour, the ground almonds just help to boost the protein content of the muffins:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. How long do they last for? Would they be suitable for freezing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very suitable for freezing!! Makes for a very easy breakfast. I have even taken them for myself and master 2 frozen and by lunch time they have defrosted on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stoked to make these! Baby has not arrived yet (40wks+3days and counting!)... so I am going to cook these up and freeze them for a healthy snack to have once he's here! The LSA, walnut and banana muffins are also on my to-do list for tomorrow. Thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Good luck for your pending arrival! Hope you don't have to wait too long xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ƭhis is really interesting, You're an excessively skilleɗ blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forwarԀ to in search of more of your fantastic post.
    Also, I have shared your web site in my social netwοгks

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] challenge and you are not alone! I have loads of helpful recipes here on my site from smoothies, to muffins, to lunch/dinner ideas like my Zingy Meat Balls and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna. Every recipe in my new […]

    ReplyDelete
  9. […] challenge and you are not alone! I have loads of helpful recipes here on my site from smoothies, to muffins, to lunch/dinner ideas like my Zingy Meat Balls and Easy Vegetarian Lasagna. Every recipe in my new […]

    ReplyDelete
  10. […] Breakfast muffin – packed full of important nutrients and a great way to get in some good green stuff! […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiced Meat Loaf

Homemade Boysenberry Gummies

Starting Solids - The Meat Question?